Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ouija Boards

I never did like them but Ouiuja Boards are a good source of paranormal fun. I always felt like there was something sinister about them and I experienced something quite scary one night when I was staying over at a friends' house.
It was 1992. We had moved in with a friend of my Mom's and this friend happened to have a teenage daughter. This teenager was really nice to us and treated me and my siblings as her own. I was enamored with her because she was older and way cooler, so I used to snoop around in her room for things that I could borrow to make myself as cool as she was. I was looking through her closet and found her Ouija Board.



I started asking what it was for and she told me it was used to contact the Spirit World. Now, me being 12 years old, I totally thought that it was the coolest thing ever! I told my friend about it and she asked me to bring it over one night. I never got any cautionary tales about it - all I got from my step-sister was, "Don't ask about bad spirits or demons". In my mind, I was like "Why would I want to do that?!"

So, I went to my friends' house on a Saturday night and brought the board. We waited until her parents were asleep before we busted it out. We set it up right, too. We had candles all around the living room, the lights were off, we cleared the coffee table off and made the board the highlight of the entire room.
We started asking the obvious questions:
  • Is there anybody here? (YES)
  • Are you alone? (NO)
  • Are you dead? (YES)
Then my friend asked: "Are you bad" - to which we got YES. Then all the candles blew out and the table started to shake. All I remember was that she thought I was moving it to make it say that but I had let go of the planchette quite some time before that. After that, I remembered throwing the board out the front door into the yard and sleeping with ALL of the lights on.
The next morning, we asked her Mom if she found something in the yard when she went to get the paper. She said she didn't see anything, so we took a look for ourselves and it was gone. I was a little upset because I would have to buy my step-sister another one since we trashed her original one. Oh well.

I went home, spooked but feeling okay. I went to my step-sister's room to tell her that I would have to get her another one but she was gone and her closet was open. I looked and the Ouija Board was in the same place I had gotten it from the night before.

I haven't touched an Ouija Board since then but recently, I've been entertaining the idea of getting one, cleansing it and trying it out with 2 other "open" people to see what happens.

And I also came across this: Turn your iPod into an Ouija Board. Seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment